Tuesday, July 1, 2008

KWord progress : table of content...

Hello world !

The SoC started a few weeks ago, and I'm back for ODF and KWord again.
School is over only since a few days, so I didn't have as much free time as I hoped (and I had some other personal problems to fix first)...
Anyway, here is a screenshot of tonight KWord work : beginning of table of content support.
It's unusable so far, but it's good enough for a screenshot :)
(Of course, the lines beginning with "TOC entry" are automatically generated, else it wouldn't be funny)
Special thanks to dipesh for exploring the KWord/KoText codebase with me :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you began working on it yesterday? You should actually submit midterm results for evaluation next week.

Wintermute said...

Great! I would love to see more intermediate results like this one for all koffice products. The office suite is great but could surely need some promotional backing. Thanks for blogging :-)

Pinaraf said...

Hopefully, I didn't start SoC yesterday.
I started it two or three weeks before its beginning, but I didn't have a lot of free time because of school, and I had health problems, so I couldn't work a lot.
I already implemented footnote/endnote support, with the help of dipesh we restored image loading, and some other bug fixing...

Anonymous said...

@Anonymous

see also http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3457 and http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3485 ;)

@Pierre

yay, toc (aka table-of-content) was together with tables one of the most dirty things. Well, now we only need to get those auto page-break thing working ;)